Zapp Works Batteries last a
eight years ago, we started extensive testing of
original Edison battery components. We learned from years of
investigating and experimentation to produce batteries of our own
design. Different than Edison's, they can be discharged and charged
endlessly with no degradation over time.
While the lead acid battery permanently loses capacity
with successive use, the Zapp Star Battery never loses capacity. If the
user completely drains the lead acid battery, capacity is severely
diminished or often destroyed.After complete discharge, the Zapp Star Battery can be recharged to 100% capacity.
Some of the Zapp Work's unique properties
- Lasts 100 years with 2% degradation. Compare this
with more expensive deep-charge lead acid batteries. Discharging to 50%
of stated capacity end the life of the battery after 500
charge/discharge cycles. Best case, a high-quality deep-charge lead
acid battery lasts 5-7 years.
- Unlike other batteries, entire quoted capacity is
usable. For example, deep-charge lead acid batteries should be
discharged between 30% and 70% of rated capacity--and never beyond 80%.
- Cannot be overcharged. It does not overheat,
electrolyte level is
- A complete residential battery system stores 36 kW
stoage (our 12 kW models), enough for a
typical 3-bedroom 2 bath household.
- Performs well when charged/discharged many times a day.
- Potash electrolyte is plentiful and cheap. No hazmat
disposal requirements when diluted.